MBM Adventure Racing
MBM Sporting Events is proud to sponsor and direct the Milwaukee Area Fall Frenzy every year in November. An 8-hour Adventure Race beginning in Lapham Peak State Park, MAFF incorporates the best of Lake Country’s outdoors!
MAFF is part of the 1st Basis Adventure Racing Series, Wisconsin’s premier race series featuring eight different adventure races throughout the state and cash prizes totaling over $2,000. There is no fee to join the series, simply race any of the eight events and you’ll be automatically signed up. The more races your team competes in, the better chance you’ll have of taking home prizes. Compete in either the coed or open division in teams of 2, 3, or 4, and see how your team ranks against others in the midwest.
Current MBM Sporting Adventure Races:
- MAFF – Milwaukee Area Fall Frenzy
- Typically the first Saturday of November – an 8 hour adventure race that is proudly part of the Wisconsin Adventure Racing Series.
Our mission with our adventure races:
- Promote adventure racing, endurance sports, and overall health and fitness in the midwest while maintaining our focus on community giving.
- We participate in races together, and we want to promote the team aspect of this sport and the overall enjoyment of the outdoors.
- The course:
- The course is broken up into many different sections to minimize the amount of time required for any specific event (e.g., biking, paddling, trail running, orienteering). We do this by carefully planning our courses to take advantage the diverse terrain and possible events in the Milwaukee region.
- The unknown:
- We keep our course tight to the vest until the morning you check-in.
- The challenges:
- Although we incorporate the standard adventure racing disciplines, we work to incorporate other exciting challenges – both mental and physical.
- The scalability:
- We want the seasoned and rookie teams to enjoy our races. Therefore, every event is designed to be scalable with a minimum number of CPs that are required. The fastest veteran teams will be challenged to complete the entire course, but any team can progress through the course with a focus on where they are the best.
- The maps:
- We incorporate a variety of maps and map sources to cover the overall course, navigation, and orienteering. From USGS topographic quad maps to aerial maps to detailed O-maps, we make sure that you get to learn the land in every possible way.
- The navigation:
- We try to give you a logical course (for safety and timing purposes) with fun, thought provoking bike checkpoints, but you can always work to find what works best for you!
- Each navigation section looks to take advantage of a unique Wisconsin area, and we constantly are looking at new areas to explore and map out.